- They believe my dad had a stroke yesterday. This is bad enough as it is, however, according to the CAT Scan it looks like he previously had a stroke in the same place in the brain some time ago.
- His kidney's have not resumed functioning and they don't believe they ever will.
- While he is breathing on his own, he is not able to without assistance. The tubes from the ventilator need to be removed before causing additional damage leaving me with two options: a. remove the ventilator and insert a tracheotomy and feeding tube or b. remove the ventilator and allow nature to take its course
- His liver is damaged (prior to hospitalization) which is making matters worse.
- Overall he is in a fragile condition and they don't believe there is much else they can do for him that would restore his quality of life. Not to mention any measures they take now, may actually make matters worse.
Please continue to pray. I am taking Muddear over to see him tonight. I plan to have a follow-up conversation with the doctor as well.
I wish I had more time...