Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Heating

According to the meteorologists, the month of October has seen warmer temperatures than normal. However, during the last two days the high temperature has not exceeded 69 degrees. Obviously, this has caused our home to feel not quite cold, but more on the cool side.

For those of us living within my home under the age of 95, this change in temperature is not a problem. However, to Muddear who tends to be cold natured, it is freezing. So, last night she says to me:

"Nikki, there is one thing I don't like...and that's a cold house. So I figure if we put our money together and help each other out, we can turn the heat on."

I was pretty tickled by the conclusion Muddear had drawn. After much discussion, I placed a space heater in Muddear's room. I believe that the situation has been resolved... at least for now.

No comments: