Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Almost a Fall

Muddear gave us a little scare this morning. She had a "slight" fall when attempting to transfer from her bed to the wheelchair.

While eating breakfast, I was startled by Little Mike calling me to hurry upstairs to Muddear's room. "She fell and I can't lift her!" When I arrived in her room, Muddear was stretched between the bed and the wheelchair, holding on for dear life. Fortunately, she didn't actually hit the floor, so she wasn't hurt - just a little rattled. I think Little Mike was a little rattled himself.

Although a little confused for the rest of the day, there were no more incidents. We have been watching Muddear more closely today and providing more assistance when she attempts to transfer.

No comments: