Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, April 25, 2008

Calm...Finally

Thankfully, this week has been pretty uneventful. Muddear still does not know who I am. Nor does she know where she lives, but she has been calm nevertheless.

I can appreciate these periods of peace. No midnight marauding. No hysterical outbursts. No re-decorating or re-arranging her bedroom. No getting out her wheelchair and sitting on the floor. No incessant arguing.

All this week, I was able to come home and just relax. I fixed and served dinner. Cleaned the kitchen. Then sat down and twice fell asleep for about two hours each time. Honestly, I don't know what to do with myself other than enjoy the moment.

What a blessing!

No comments: