So where do we go next? The nurse recommended two possible solutions to increase Muddear's food intake:
- Eat smaller but more frequent meals.
- Increase servings of Ensure or Boost, whichever she is taking.
This will be the new routine for the next few weeks. If my scenario is truly the self-induced vomiting trigger then we have resolved that issue...for now. However, the remaining outstanding issue still revolves around why Muddear refuses to eat. Especially since the reasons given for not eating make no sense.
Just a few of my favorite excuses...
- "I'm full!" (But she hasn't eaten anything.)
- "I don't like this kind of food. It doesn't taste good - to me." (Said about leftovers just eaten the night before.)
- "I don't have a taste for that."
Anyway, I'll keep you posted.