Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, January 25, 2008

Sad News - Part 2

I am sad to say that my dad passed today around 4:20 p.m. while residing at Cardinal Hill. I really just can't go into all of the details as I am sure you are not that interested.

But, I will share with you that Walter passed quickly and without pain. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I know that he is happy now to be free from all of the equipment and tubes and monitors and the list goes on.

I was blessed to have these last few months with him. God is always in control.

Earlier today Mike took Muddear back to Brookwood for a weekend respite stay so that we could spend time together for his birthday. I was able to sit at the hospital with Walter and simply and quietly accept his death. This weekend Mike and I will spend quality time together as I prepare to gently break the news to Muddear on Sunday.

Please pray for her strength and ability to bear with the loss of a child.

2 comments:

Jane Carlstrom said...

Letting go can be so hard, but at times it is the kindest thing to do. It is wonderful you were able to forgive Walter while he remained alive, and that you had the strength to advocate for him to free him of constant pain.

Wishing you a restful and pleasant weekend as you celebrate Mike.

Hugs, Jane

njm said...

Thanks Jane,

You are absolutely right. I was surprised by how peaceful I felt today. Monday I will begin working on the funeral arrangments.

Have a great weekend!