Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Monday, November 12, 2007

Visiting Phil...Or Not?

Saturday Mike and I went to the high school football games held at the NFL stadium. It was football all day...baby! My sister Lisa was the granny-sitter. She called us several times while we were gone, because she was concerned that Muddear refused to get out of bed. Muddear wanted to sleep all day, which is quite unusual for her. On the weekends after breakfast, we may allow Muddear to go back to sleep until 1:00 o'clock in the afternoon. However, she either wakes up on her own or we rouse her out of bed to start the day without any problems.

Unfortunately, I think being in bed all day long screws up Muddear's internal clock. At close to 11:00 p.m. Saturday night Muddear decided it was time for dinner! Not happening...I gave her a snack and she went right to sleep. Note to self...no more sleeping all day for Muddear.

Needless to say, when Sunday rolled around, I had no intentions on letter Muddear sleep away the day again. No more midnight snacks! All week I planned to take her to see Philip, therefore during breakfast I started to discuss the day's plans with Muddear. To my surprise, Muddear was exhibiting the same behavior as the day before. Not only did she not want to get out of bed, she also did not want to go see Philip. Obviously this was very disconcerting as Muddear ALWAYS wants to see Phil.

I decided to let her sleep in, but I will keep an eye on her for the next few days. Hopefully this was just a fluke.

No comments: