Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Cat's Out of The Bag

Tuesday night, I talked to Muddear about Walter. She seemed to take the news okay, but I could tell that Muddear was really worried, as any mother would be.

I must admit that I did not tell her exactly how long Walter has been in the hospital nor did I tell her how grave the reports have been. I simply reassured her that the doctors are committed to doing everything possible to help Walter recover.

After talking we prayed and Muddear went to bed.

I am so relieved that I talked to Muddear about Walter. It has been a couple of days since our discussion with no repercussions. I will confirm with the aide.

Daily, I realize that being a caregiver often requires you to make difficult decisions that may significantly impact your loved one. I can only thank God for his wisdom during these times.

No comments: