Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pretty In Lilac

Sunday we completed our regular routine...wash up, hair pressed, combed, styled, and dressing. However, this Sunday, I asked Muddear if she wanted her fingernails polished. Surprisingly, she said "YES"!

It was so much fun! We decided on a color that matched her duster...lilac. I retrieved the polish and we got to work. In a matter of minutes, Muddear's hands were resting on a magazine in my lap and I proceeded to polish her nails. She seemed excited to get her fingernails polished. Muddear was very cooperative and did not complain one time. Within 10 minutes, all while Muddear chatted away with me, Muddear was pretty in lilac!

After I was finished, I told everyone to stop by Muddear's room and tell her how pretty her nails look. I honestly think she was preening! Women...we all know how long it takes fingernail polish to dry. Truthfully, I became a little concerned that she would forget and smear wet polish everywhere. I was pleasantly pleased to see Muddear holding her hands up, fingers spread as she waited for the polish to dry. It was adorable!

No comments: