Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, October 18, 2007

One Mistake After Another

First things first, Mike and I took Muddear to Brookwood this evening to begin her respite stay. I tried really hard not to feel guilty - even though I do everytime. Nevertheless, the drop off went smoothly except one little glitch...

Based upon past experiences, I requested to review the medication list faxed to Brookwood by Muddear's doctor. I really don't understand how or why this happens, but the medication list was wrong again. Am I complaining? No just amazed that the "official" list of medications from the Doctor's office was wrong...again. To make matters worse, this is not the first time. Every time I request a medication list from Muddear's doctor for a respite stay it is wrong.

How is this possible? It actually makes me a little nervous - since when am I supposed to check and re-check on the doctor to make sure their list of medications is correct?

No comments: