Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Questions

This evening, as I prepared for Muddear's upcoming respite stay, I thought about our visit with Phil at the nursing home. During the entire visit, we were sitting in the dining area socializing. Prior to leaving I needed to meet with the nursing home social worker, Rose, to discuss how Phil was doing.

On this day in particular, GlenCare was having a fall festival which kept Rose running all over the nursing home and required me to have her paged over the intercom. I said to Muddear, Julia, and Phil..."I'll be right back. I have to find Rose." You should have seen how quickly Muddear reacted.

"You are going to come back, aren't you?"

"Yes, of course, Muddear I will be back. I just have to find Rose, but I will be right back."

Muddear will be at Brookwood again for respite from Thursday night to Tuesday. As I prepared for this stay, I began to wonder if she worries about whether I will come back to pick her up.

Note to self...Reassure Muddear that she is not going to be a permanent Brookwood resident. I will most certainly be back.

No comments: