Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Monday, July 23, 2007

We're Back

We are officially "back" and have picked Muddear up from her respite stay. Kudos to Brookwood Retirement Community. As always they did a fantastic job with Muddear. I am never afraid to leave her there when necessary. I am not burdened by incessant phone calls that cause me great anxiety whenever I see the nursing home number for fear that something has gone terribly wrong. She was clean, well fed, and happy - what more could I ask for?

Muddear was dressed and ready to go when I arrived. She was very talkative and discussed at length the great time she had while at Brookwood.


"I had a good time, but I can't wait to go home. There's no place like home."
"I am glad that you enjoyed your stay."
"Yes, yes and I am tired. I want to go home and get some rest. I have been so busy while I was here."
"Really? What did you do?"
"All day I was wheeling back and forth, up and down the hall. We had lunch in this room and dinner in that room. All that travelling just about wore me out!"


I sat back and thought to myself, Muddear is simply adorable!

No comments: