Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Don't mess with Old People.

Whenever Muddear gets pissed off at us, she reminds us that she is 95 years old and proclaims, "It is a shame how young folks treat old people! When you get to be my age, you'll see, cause God don't like ugly!" One time Muddear was so mad at me she told me when she died she would come back and haunt me! Muddear is always trying to "get me back" for the "wrong" I've done. Either in this life or the next.

That is why, after reading the following email I immediately thought of Muddear. Even though impaired by Dementia, at times Muddear is quite crafty. I figure we are all due for a good laugh every now and then, so I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did.

"An older, white haired man walked into a jewelry store one Friday evening with a beautiful young gal at his side. He told the jeweler he was looking for a special ring for his girlfriend.

The jeweler looked through his stock and brought out a $5,000 ring.

The old man said, "No, I'd like to see something more special."

At that statement, the jeweler went to his special stock and brought another ring over. "Here's a stunning ring at only $40,000" the jeweler said.

The young lady's eyes sparkled and her whole body trembled with excitement. The old man seeing this said, "We'll take it."

The jeweler asked how payment would be made and the old man stated,"by check. I know you need to make sure my check is good, so I'll write it now and you can call the bank Monday to verify the funds and I'll pick the ring up Monday afternoon."

Monday morning, the jeweler phoned the old man. "There's no money in that account."

"I know," said the old man, "But let me tell you about my weekend!

No comments: