Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

To See or Not to See?

Recent conversation between me and Muddear:

"Nikki, when are you going to get me some more Kleenex?"
"I will pick some up this week, okay?"
"You know, they keep disappearing because the kids come and take handfuls of them all the time. We might have to put them up."
"Muddear, the kids don't take handfuls of your Kleenex."
"Yes, they do! See, you don't see what I see. You see what you see. And what you see is not what I see. And what I see is not what you see. So, you don't see!"

Well what do you say to that response? A simple "Okay."

*********************************************************************************

Don't forget to enter your choice for Flossie's them song. See Blog entry dated Monday, April 30, 2007, titled Theme Song

2 comments:

Elle said...

Ok - you must have been taking notes after this conversation to have gotten it down so accurately.

You're a born writer as I've always said with a wonderful easy to read conversational tone.

njm said...

It's funny that you say that. I often keep a notebook with me to make sure I remember the funny things. Fortunately, the bizarre is what I remember the most.