Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Pissed (adjective)

Pissed [pist] (slang) 1. a taboo term meaning extremely angry or upset

Last night, Muddear was royally pissed at me, Mike, and the world at large. I sat in Muddear's bedroom for almost two hours as she fussed and argued with me about every topic under the moon. Obviously, Mike questioned the sanity of my decision to endure Muddear's tirade, however, it was one of those nights that I knew leaving the room would only exacerbate the situation. Meaning, Muddear would begin calling me every 10 minutes and she would never go to bed. It was much easier to curl up with a book and deal with it.

Muddear's Top 10 List of Complaints:
  1. Why am I here? I told you I didn't want to live this far away from my family!
  2. Take this food away! I don't want anymore of this! Then later that evening...
    Why haven't I had three meals today? Why didn't you feed me dinner?
  3. Why don't you treat me like you used to treat me? You don't act like the Nikki I used to know and it hurts!
  4. What bus travels out here? I told you I didn't want to live too far from the bus line and I never see one going by! I can't go visit my children!
  5. Where are your children? How come they haven't stopped by to see me? I've only seen one today!
  6. What is this medicine you are giving me? I don't have to take this medicine if I don't want to! The doctor didn't give it to me. (Muddear spit her medicine into a Kleenex and tried to pretend that she had taken the medicine. When I asked her why she pretended to take her medicine, this was the response I received.)
  7. Why do you have me tied up with this cord? (Her oxygen cord.) No one told me I had to wear this oxygen! The doctor never said I had to wear it! How can I get out of the house with this thing on?
  8. I don't want to wear this gown you gave me! Where is my gown? Why are they dirty? Who washes clothes around here? Why don't they ever wash my clothes? My gowns are always dirty!
  9. Why aren't you talking to me? You just come in here and never say anything to me!
  10. I am tired of taking this breathing treatment! Why does it take so long? It is done, why are you making me take it?

I was so thankful for bedtime!

No comments: