Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Saturday, April 14, 2007

My Birthday Wish...

Tomorrow is my birthday and tonight Mike and I plan to celebrate. I am so excited! Last week, however, was a different story. For a week, I tried to hire a granny-sitter for Muddear, but was unsuccessful. By Wednesday morning, I was in a total panic. It is very difficult to find someone you trust to come into your home and care for the one you love. There are a couple of people that we have developed relationships with who are often willing to give us a helping hand, but they too have lives. It is not reasonable to expect either of them to be available at all times to assist with Muddear.

This year, my one birthday wish was to be able to celebrate my birthday with Mike away from Muddear, the house, and the kids. I love them all, but days like birthdays are extra special, and I wanted it to be all about me. I really wanted this one night to not have to worry about making someone dinner, or dispensing medication and cleaning the bedside commode, or picking up and dropping off kids (ours or the neighbors). The activity didn't matter as long as Mike and I were together ALONE.

Last Wednesday, my birthday wish came true when a friend volunteered to be the granny-sitter for Saturday night. God blesses us in many ways and I am thankful for them all. Now, I can't wait for my birthday celebration!

No comments: