Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Mean As A Snake





After each respite stay Muddear experiences a slightly difficult transition back home. But this has been the worst ever. If you want to know what has happened this week, I would say "What hasn't happened?" Every day I come home from work, I wonder what the story of the day will be.

  • She wakes up between 4:30 and 5:00 a.m. every morning;
  • She refuses medication at least once, but usually twice a day;She pretends to be totally helpless ("put my pills in my mouth", "carry me to the toilet");
  • She refuses baths every other day;
  • She is argumentative, fussy and abrasive;
  • She has refused almost every meal all week;
  • She yells at the nurses aide that cares for her during the day;
  • She has cursed out my husband; and last, but definitely not least
  • She used the bathroom on herself (bowel movement) - God bless my poor husband, he had to clean her up, because I wasn't at home.
Just think, she hasn't been home a whole week! Could it possibly get worse?

No comments: