Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Monday, March 9, 2009

Grease In My Soup


You never quite know what is going on in the mind of a Dementia/Alzheimer's patient. On Sunday, I made Muddear soup for lunch. Nothing unusual, just a bowl of Campbell's Potato Soup with cheese and Club crackers. Sounds delish, huh?

Immediately after giving Muddear the soup and leaving her room, she begins to call for help. Mike was the first to  respond... wow I love him. After chatting with Muddear a few minutes, about who knows what, Mike begins calling me to Muddear's room. Why? Muddear is refusing to eat her soup. She accused me of putting grease in it! After trying for 10 minutes to reason with her, without much success, I removed the bowl of soup. According to Mike... Muddear thought the potatoes were lumps of grease!

Some things simply cannot be explained! 

No comments: