Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Fall Update

Three days have placed time between the scare of our lives and today - Muddear's fall. Today, marks the first day that Muddear has spent time out of the bed since the fall. Even better... Muddear actually ate two meals today - breakfast and dinner.  Additionally, Muddear's leg seems to be in significantly less pain. Thank the good Lord!

The only down side... the Dementia seems to be doing "something." Exactly what that something is I cannot tell you, but I've noticed a difference. I have watched Muddear become engrossed in conversations with non-existent people. Additionally, she has been asking us to find "James". James is my grandfather aka Muddear's husband who died about 12 years ago.  I find it heartbreaking. Muddear will make statements like, "Please find James, we were together many years and he would never leave me." Once, when I tried to explain that he had passed on years ago, she asked... "Well why didn't anyone tell me he died?"

Hopefully, this is a temporary reaction to the fall and not an ongoing problem. I will continue to keep you posted.

No comments: