Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Visitation and Memorial Service




Tuesday was the Visitation and Memorial Service for Walter. I must say that everything went well...actually better than expected for Muddear. The chapel and flowers were beautiful. The minister, Pastor Kevin Carpenter, was such a kind and compassionate man. He handled everything very well and provided a great deal of comfort to us. In addition, Mike picked up Phil so he could attend.

I was very concerned that the funeral would be more than what Muddear could bear. I was impressed that Muddear was able to hold her head up high and handle the situation with a quiet dignity. She is amazing.

Several of my friends from work attended for support as well as friends from my dad's job. In addition, the few family members we have remaining that I know and was able to contact were there.

Check out the picture of Muddear and and Ms. Ruth. Years ago, Ms. Ruth's son was married to Eloise, Muddear's only daughter. Over the years, Ms. Ruth and Muddear remained good friends. After the memorial service, Ms. Ruth and her daughter Andrea came over to the house...and just like families of old...brought plenty of food for my family. We ate and joked together for awhile and when they prepared to leave, Muddear said...


"Now Ruth, when is the next time you gonna come visit me? When I drive out to pick you up?"


We all laughed. Muddear was so tickled at her comment she couldn't stop laughing.

No comments: