Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, January 17, 2008

More Walter Updates

For those of you that have been praying for us, I wanted to give you an update on Walter...

Last week he was transitioned to Cardinal Hill, a rehabilitation center that specializes in the care of seriously ill individuals who require a ventilator to assist with breathing. Initially we were going to move my dad to the West Chester Rehabilitation Center, unfortunately they could not accept him as long as he still required ventilator usage.

So for the time being, I have been communicating with the nurses at Cardinal Hill regarding his care and current status. To date, they have had little success with weaning dad from the ventilator. He continues to respond to commands and appears to be oriented to place and people. My plan is to visit this weekend - now that my car is out of the shop. Thank God it is fixed! For weeks I have been held hostage by my car and its only a 4 cylinder! I digress...I do not plan to take Muddear as she has completely forgotten that Walter is sick. The thought of making her relive the reality that her baby is sick is not pleasant.

Once Walter is weaned from the ventilator (including the removal of his chest tube) he will transition to the West Chester Rehabilitation Center. Thanks again for your prayers. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: