Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Monday, September 10, 2007

Day of Beauty

Twice a month, the aide washes Muddear's hair. The following Sunday, I spend time oiling Muddear's scalp and pressing her hair. This Sunday was Muddear's day of beauty. She always seems to enjoy being pampered. Whenever, I start working on Muddear's hair, she begins giving me instructions.

"Make sure you touch the scalp when you comb my hair."
"Okay Muddear."
"Now, brush it harder."
"No problem."
"When you finish, pull some of my hair to the front."
"I didn't forget."

You would think I have never done this before! As always, once I am finished, Muddear preens in front of the mirror and says, "It looks and feels good." I always give Muddear the same style - either plaits or braids. She refused to wear her hair down and always covers her head with a bonnet. I was lucky to get a photograph of the finished product before she put on the bonnet.

No comments: