Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Stealing Again...

Muddear woke up about 3:00 a.m. this morning to use her bedside commode. While on the commode she starts yelling for help, stating that she cannot breathe. As usual, I reminded Muddear that the oxygen cannula was sitting on the top of her head. Once settled, I left her room to return to bed.

Within five minutes Muddear was yelling for help again! I went back into Muddear's room only to find her sitting on the commode with her left leg across her lap, while digging in her sock.

"What is wrong Muddear? Why are you yelling?"

"Somebody stole my money!"

"Muddear nobody stole your money. It is in the middle of the night and I am going back to bed."

"Yes they did steal my money! Whoever put me to bed took my money out of my sock!"

"Muddear, you put yourself to bed. How do you think someone stole money out of your sock while your foot was in it?"

"Yes they did! Yes they did take my money! I did not put myself to bed!"

"Muddear, I am not going to argue with you. If you don't stop yelling, I am going to shut your door - the kids are sleep and it is a school night."

"I don't care about the kids being sleep! I want my money back!"

I left the room and shut the door, while Muddear yelled at the top of her lungs! How can I convince Muddear that we are not stealing her money?

No comments: