Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, July 20, 2007

A Weekend Getaway - Respite Again

It's respite time again...Mike and I are going on a weekend rendezvous! That means Muddear must go back to Brookwood Retirement Community for another respite stay.

I don't feel guilty this time. Perhaps because she will only be there for three nights, I really don't know. Nevertheless, today is my day to leave work early to relieve Sharon (the aide), so instead I plan to go home and prepare Muddear for her respite stay. This time I even told Muddear in advance; once last week and a true reminder last night. Perhaps another reason why I am not burdened by extreme guilt.

Packing is always a joy, okay I am just kidding, but I laugh at myself every time. I always pack Muddear entirely too many outfits, too many gowns, too many of everything. I then type a list detailing everything I have packed to ensure she returns from the respite stay with everything I packed. Speaking of gowns, I have included pictures of the new "sexy" gowns purchased in preparation for Muddear's last respite stay.

No comments: