Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Surprise Conversations

The past two days have been very stressful for me and I honestly did not know how to deal with the level of stress I was experiencing. To make matters worse, I have been unable to go to bed before 1:00 a.m. and I wake up at 5:45 a.m. every morning. So, when I came home from work today I was driven by one singular purpose - put on my pajamas and go to bed.

I stopped by Muddear's bedroom to inquire about her day and chat for a few minutes. Nothing could have prepared me for the brief conversation we had. Muddear sat staring out the window and said.

"I had a really good day today, but when you get to be my age, every day should be a good day. You should have good days too. You just need to pray. Do you hear me?" After I responded in the affirmative, she continued. "If you keep prayer in your heart, everything is going to turn out okay. Just pray."

I honestly believe that God used Muddear as a willing vessel to be a blessing to me at my time of need. Thank your Lord and thank you Muddear.

No comments: