Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Name Calling...

When I arrive home from work, one of the things I look forward to is a little quiet time. Perhaps an hour to reflect about my day, talk to my husband, and not be responsible to satisfy the needs of anyone else. Instead my usual experience is that Muddear calls my name constantly from the time I arrive home until well into the night. Nikki...I am hungry. Two minutes later...Nikki...I need some salt. Five minutes later...Nikki...I don't want to eat this food you brought me. Nikki...I am sick. Nikki...I want to put my gown on. (Muddear get your gown out of the drawer.) Five minutes later...Nikki...I don't like this gown. Nikki...I am cold. Five minutes later...Nikki... I am hot. Nikki...close my blinds. Nikki...pull the covers back on my bed. Nikki...raise my bed. (Muddear use the remote.) Nikki...when do I take my medicine. Nikki...I need to blow my nose. Nikki...where are the tissues? Nikki...I need more tissues. Nikki...where did you put the tissues you gave me? Nikki...when do I get a breathing treatment? (While getting a breathing treatment) Nikki...I am tired of holding this. Nikki...this treatment makes me cough. Nikki...its done. (No it's not Muddear.) Nikki...it's done. (No it's not Muddear.) Nikki...Nikki...Nikki...Nikki...Nikki...

No comments: