Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, January 5, 2007

So Sorry...

There are times when being a caregiver takes its toll on me. I am not always at my best and at times not as patient with my grandmother as I ought to be. Sometimes I am irritable and snappy. I admit that I have been like this a great deal recently. I recognize that it is due to sleep deprivation. Muddear has not been sleeping, which means that I don't sleep and I definitely need my sleep.

I actually started to feel justified for being irritable, snappy, and impatient. Unfortunately, I couldn't wallow in my self pity for long. Muddear's hunger strike was in full swing, her asthma was routinely aggravated, and to top it all off she started throwing up. "Throw up" is probably not accurate as their was nothing left in her stomach to actually throw up - but what else can I call it? Anyway, yesterday I called the doctor and asked that she come to the house to check on my grandmother. Diagnosis...possible pneumonia. Xray's were ordered to confirm; steroids and antibiotics were started proactively.

Now I feel like a smuck!

No comments: