Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, January 18, 2007

More Medicine Please...


How do you respond to someone who yells for help and says they are sick in order to get medicine? At least several times per week, tonight being one of them, Muddear yells for help. She is in desperate need of assistance. When I ask her why she needs help, the explanation I receive, is simply "I am sick."
"Well, what is wrong?,"I ask.
"I don't know what is wrong, I am just sick all over."
"Does your stomach hurt?"
"No."
"Does your body ache?"
"No."
"Does your throat hurt?"
"No."
"Is your nose stopped up?"
"No."
"Are you short of breath?"
"Do I talk like I'm short of breath?"
"No, but you are breathing fast."
"Maybe a little, but not much."
"Then how can I help you?"
"Just give me some aspirin."
I tell her no, but am forced to endure moaning, yelling, complaining, or all three combined throughout the day or night, when this behavior occurs. How do I stop this?

No comments: