Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, January 19, 2007

Losing my mind

At the end of the month I have to travel again for work. I don't travel for work all of the time, but when I have to leave for more than one day, it is usual and customary that I send Muddear to a nursing home for a respite stay. For more about respite stays, see my post dated December 9, 2006 titled "Support Systems."

Anyway, back to the issue at hand...I think I losing my mind. I scheduled this respite stay either the last week of December or the first week of January. Knowing that I was taking Muddear to a new place I made sure I scheduled the stay as early in advance as possible. Bonnie, the social worker, emails me to get "the skinny" on the new facility so she can send the requisite paper. (Level of Care Analysis) Guess what? I can't remember the name of or find the telephone for the place where I scheduled the respite stay.

I emailed Bonnie and asked for the telephone number to the nursing home, considering she provided me with several referrals after the last respite stay fiasco. The story gets better...Bonnie gives me the name and number of the location she thought she previously provided. I call and...it is not the same location! The admissions director has no idea who I am or Flossie!

So, it is a week and a half before I need to drop Muddear off and I have no place to take her! Talk about Dementia!

No comments: