Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Graduation and Respite Stays

I haven't posted in a few weeks. Things have been hectic in our household.

Earlier this month, May 1st to be exact, I attended the official commencement ceremony for my Masters Degree. Yay!!!! We took grandma to a respite stay for the weekend. I tell you, Brookwood Retirement Community has become a strategic alliance. Unlike recent times past, we had no problems with Muddear's stay.

We returned home with the things we packed. The nurses and aides were there waiting when we arrived. She was checked in and I was able to leave within 30 minutes. Nevertheless, we had a great weekend getaway - at least as great as you can driving up to Marion, Indiana on Saturday, May 1st for graduation and returning on May 2nd. There were, however, several highlights of the event. Obviously the graduation signifying the end of that chapter in my life. Additionally, meeting up with "friends" that I only new online. Putting a name with the face was great! Finally, having dinner with my online friends and their families.

As always, I am thankful for respite stays that allow caregivers the opportunity to get away. If you are a caregiver, make sure you find out how you can take advantage of the benefits of a respite stay for your loved one.

1 comment:

full size mattress protector said...

Earlier this month, May 1st to be exact, I attended the official commencement ceremony for my Masters Degree. Yay!!!! We took grandma to a respite stay for the weekend. I tell you, Brookwood Retirement Community has become a strategic alliance. Unlike recent times past, we had no problems with Muddear's stay. satin sheets queen , summer comforter sets ,