Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Granny is back! Albeit a little confused but home nonetheless. Mike and I picked Muddear up from Brookwood last night after Little Mike's basketball game. Several times she asked...

"I live with my grandmother right?" When we said "no", she followed that question with, "Well, who do I stay with?" I was a little worried that we might be in for a long night, thank the good Lord that was not the case.

It's funny to see Muddear waiting and ready to go. She actually became a little anxious, especially when we are unable to leave immediately upon arrival. For example, last night, even though I called to notify the nursing staff that we were on our way they had not begun to get Muddear's prescriptions ready or clothes packed. Not a problem for me, sometimes it happens, but Muddear was simply beside herself.

"Well, what's wrong?" she asked.
"Why is it taking so long?"
"What are they doing?"
"Why can't we leave?"

Over and over Muddear inquired until we were officially walking out of the door and she was tucked safely in the car. It was nice to know that she was looking forward to returning home.

No comments: