Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Eve

Christmas is always a wonderful time of year. I enjoy the time spent with family immensely. On Christmas Eve, we packed Muddear up in her "going out"clothes, put her wig on and drove over to Mike's mother's house. For Christmas Eve, we always have a theme dinner - this year was Mexican. I was a little nervous about what Muddear would eat, because she is a very picky eater especially when she is not familiar with the entree. Fortunately, she ate like a pig with no complaints. We "draw names" for the gift exchange, but always make sure something is given to Muddear and the kids.

Muddear was so cute! Upon receipt of her gift, she just sat there holding it. After about 5 minutes, I asked if she need help opening her gift. Muddear looked at me and said, "No." Another 5 minutes went by and still Muddear had not opened her gift.

"Muddear?" Why haven't you opened your gift?
"What, this?"
"Yes."
"Is it for me?"
"Yes."
"Oh, I thought they told me to hold it."

Muddear is so funny! I can only assume that with all of the commotion, of gifts being passed around and opened as well as all of the "oohs" and "aahs" Muddear did not clearly hear that the gift was hers. Thank goodness, she loved her gift...a pair of black suede ankle boots!

Overall, I think Muddear had a wonderful time. I know we did!

2 comments:

Shadowspun said...

I'm so glad your grandma had fun.

Mine had a great time at my aunt's house. The kids were running around being charming. The relatives were all having a wonderful time. She just left with my other aunt to spend some time with her in Philly.

njm said...

Shadospun,

I am glad to hear that you had a great Christmas. How long will your grandma be in Philly?

I'm sure it's nice to have a little break. Now you can get a little rest and relaxation.