Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, August 3, 2007

Releasing Tension

Let me preface this post by saying that in years past, I have always been involved in some sort of physical activity. For years it was dance combined with aerobics, jogging, body sculpting or some sort of exercise. I didn't have the body that many would kill for, but at I was in decent shape.

When Mike and I married five years ago, my level of exercise significantly declined, which explains my 15 pound weight gain. Prior to Muddear moving in with us, I began a weight loss plan which extended into the time in which she moved in with us. Shortly after Muddear moved in with us, I lost 12 pounds - YEAH, but my exercise frequency became sporadic at best. Two and one-half years later I have started to gain weight again and developing a flabbiness that I previously never experienced.

What, you ask. I began Yoga Class on Thursday. Having never participated in Yoga, I was astounded by the serenity I experienced during the class. I was also surprised by the amount of tension I discovered in my body that was released. Unbelievably! One class would help me achieve peace, give me the opportunity to focus on me, help me release tension, AND tone this soon to be fabulous body of mine - I was hooked!
Two key things I learned:
  1. The next time Muddear or life in general begins to stress me out - I need to breathe deeply through the moment to release my tension.

  2. It is imperative that I sign up for another exercise class...any class...so I will begin Pilates on Saturday.

No comments: