Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Monday, August 13, 2007

Crying Wolf

Saturday morning, while I was releasing stress in Pilates Class, Mike was at home granny-sitting. As usual, Muddear watched television in her room and Mike watched television in ours. Out of the blue, Muddear began to yell for help.

"Help! Mike, I need help! Somebody help me!" Both Mike and little Mike ran into Muddear's room.
"What's wrong Muddear? Are you okay?"
"What do you mean, what's wrong?"
"You were just calling me."
"I didn't call you." Muddear starts to giggle.
"Muddear you were yelling for help."
"That wasn't me."

When I returned from class, Mike and I laughed as he relayed the story. While it was funny, I hope this type of behaviour does not become a habit.

No comments: