Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Times Have Changed

On Tuesday night, Mike and I were watching the 2007 BET (Black Entertainment Television) Awards show. I decided to wheel Muddear into my bedroom, much to her chagrin, so that she could sit and watch the Awards Show with us. I did not want her to spend the evening alone. During one of the performances, Muddear asked an unexpected question.

"As a rule, they usually don't allow coloreds on television do they?"

At first, Mike thought she was talking about color television, to which I quickly interjected by whispering, "No Mike, she is talking about Black people."

"Oh... Muddear, times have changed. Today, Black people are allowed to be on television."
Muddear thoughtfully responded with a simple, "Oh, okay."

Muddear has experienced in her lifetime more than I could ever imagine. Honestly, in this instance, things I never want to imagine. It is easy to forget...

No comments: