Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, June 1, 2007

Flossie's Theme Song

Well, the votes are in...Flossie officially has a theme song! The winner is RESPECT by Aretha Franklin. Check out the video at Aretha Franklin - R E S P E C T on You Tube or Blog Section titled Flossie's Theme Song.

This song epitomize my grandmother. She is very strong willed and determined at all times to be respected. By no means does she lack backbone - when Muddear was younger she was willing to fight for what she believed to be right as wells as to get her way. Dementia has not changed that aspect of her personality! At the same time, Muddear exhibits kindness and compassion. There are times when I may share a situation with Muddear that has frustrated me and you know, she is quick to side with and encourage me. No different than some of my best girlfriends.

Whenever you play this video or listen to the song, I hope you think of Flossie. I know I will...

No comments: