Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Monday, May 7, 2007

The Fortune Teller

Recent conversation:

"Nikki, who was the lady who comes here and visits with us?"(Because of Muddear's frequent confusion, this could have been anyone, even me.)
"What is her name?"
"I never knew her name. You know, the white lady that comes here periodically. You know, every two to three months."
"Muddear are you talking about Sharon the aide?"
"No, I know her. I am talking about the fortune teller."
"Muddear, I don't know who you are talking about."
"Yes you do. You talked to her last week and she knew things about me."
"Are you talking about the doctor?"(This was a long shot - the doctor is Indian.)
"No, I am talking about the fortune teller. You talked to her last week in the evening. What did she say about me?"
"Muddear, I do not talk to fortune tellers, ever. I only talked to the doctor about you last week in the evening."
"Well, maybe it was the doctor. What did she say about me?"

No comments: