Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Generations of Family

Yesterday I went to the funeral of Hattie Tolble. I came to know Mrs. Tolble through her daughter and son-in-law with whom she lived for the last 10 years. The closeness of their family unit never ceased to amaze me and I always considered it a blessing to see three generations living together - the young giving energy and strength to the elder and the elder imparting wisdom to the younger.

Today there are millions of senior citizens living in nursing homes and retirement communities. Oftentimes with no visits from family or friends. During Muddear's lucid moments, I hope that this time with us is a blessing to her. That she too is able to receive strength and hope. But in turn, I pray that we are setting an example for our children as well. It is my desire that each of our children learn the importance of family and as we grow older and less independent that they would become the support system we need in later years.

No comments: