Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Friday, February 23, 2007

Enough is Enough!

Last night for dinner, I made chicken fettuccine, steamed broccoli, and garlic toast. mmmm...mmm...good! I sat down to eat - I decided to eat alone to get a little "quiet time", and suddenly Muddear begins yelling. I couldn't possibly imagine what was wrong.

Nothing could have prepared me for this...Muddear was quite angry with me because I did not put enough food on her plate! She demanded an explanation as to why she was only given small portions of food. I explained that she was given small portions because that is what she usually asks for and to avoid wasting food. Apparently that was the WRONG thing to say. I endured another 10 minutes of fussing about how "waste" was not her problem and how dare I treat her in such a manner! And finally, because of my bad treatment, she had absolutely NO intention to eat the food that had been given to her! Go figure!


I didn't know whether to be irritated or laugh...

No comments: