Tips For Caregiver's

People with Alzheimer's disease frequently become more disoriented after dark or when waking. Leaving a night-light on in the bedroom may be helpful.

~WebMd

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Introductions...

Let me introduce you to my grandmother Flossie who we affectionately call "Muddear". After spending about a year and a half in a nursing home, I realized that it was time to make some new decisions about Flossie's long term care. While in the nursing home, Muddear began to steadily decline both physically and mentally. My husband I knew without a doubt that Muddear needed to leave the nursing home, however, the only place for her to go was our home. It took me about two months to make the final decision to move Muddear to my home. I was terrified! I worried about the impact this would have on my life, my marriage, my family, and my career. It took an additional two months to finalize Muddear's transition from the nursing home. I remember vividly how excited we were to pack up her meager belongings and move them to our home. I also remember going out to pick-up various pieces of furniture to turn our spare bedroom into Muddear's new bedroom. Muddear came to live with us in March 2006...and wow what a difference it has made in our lives!

No comments: